This entry was posted on April 20, 2016.
Typography is the ever evolving art and technique of arranging text to make it readable and appealing when presented. The choice of letter spacing, line spacing, typeface, line length and point size are among the many factors that contribute to typography and the arrangement of type.
From graphic bold black letters to the quirkiest bubble font, this season designer’s are using typography as a playful and creative way to make a clear visual fashion statement. All over letter print can be seen on shoes, sweatshirts and even socks and designers are using logos and letters from their own fashion houses to promote their brands to perfection.
We’ve picked ten of the best below...
1. Little Marc Jacob’s urban jungle themed collection includes this fabulous grey marl dress, complete with the ‘LMJ’ logo print in a burst of rainbow colours. Buy here from £53.00.
2. Akid’s unisex trainer collection have low top, high top and slip on designs all made from soft leather and include edgy details which make them stand out in the style stakes. These AXEL trainers include graphic monochrome letter logo. Buy here from £67.00.
3. Specialising in outdoor and everyday wear, the majority of Timberland’s apparel features type in a range of fun styles. This sunny yellow baby t-shirt has a larger than life logo. Buy here from £19.00.
4. Massimo Giorgetti’s creations at MSGM are recognisable for its range of sporty separates and amazing use of colour, print and theme. This sweatshirt from the new range demonstrates perfect use of typography with letters from designer’s logo and bird theme scattered all over. Buy here from £62.00.
5. Another favourite from Little Marc Jacob, this time for boys, is this t-shirt with pop art style text matched with cool hand illustrated drawings. Buy here from £31.00.
6. Renowned designer Donna Karan New York incorporates classic designs with an urban edge, these stand out leggings are striking in black and white with thick bold logo letters printed all over. Buy here from £29.00.
7. Italian fashion house Fendi brings kids collections full of colour and distinctive design, these socks from their accessories range features the Fendi logo type in an unusual format. Buy here from £23.00.
8. French brand Kenzo is quirky and cool, and is widely popular for their distinctive sweatshirts and tops featuring colourful imagery. This pretty pink t-shirt has words from current jungle collection in cool circular fashion. Buy here from £31.00.
9. Known for its use of luxury fabrics, Simonetta brings the finest quality to little girls dressing. This two piece set is modern and stylish, abbreviating it’s brand name to ‘simo’ and using '#bff' to complete this delightful digital typography print. Buy here from £132.00.
10. Last but not least are these amazing bird print slip on trainers from MSGM, featuring comic style text in multi colour to match the sweatshirt in number 4. Buy here from £113.00.